File your taxes from the comfort of home!
CEP has partnered with Intuit TurboTax and the IRS to offer a free online option for filing your tax return yourself. If you are comfortable with using a computer and following instructions, this option may be a good fit.
Do I qualify?
You qualify to use this online service if you meet any of the following:
- You qualify for the EITC (see guidelines); or
- You are single and your income is less than $33,000.
If you have a complicated family situation, are self-employed, or have unusual tax situations such as sale of stock, cancellation of debt, or you are unsure of what a tax form is, we encourage you to seek in-person assistance at our tax sites or if it's after the April filing deadline, at our Money Action Day events.
Before moving forward, make sure you have all your documents ready:
- Gather all your documents for 2016: W-2s from all of your jobs, 1099Rs from retirement plan distributions, 1099Gs for unemployment income or gambling winnings, 1099-INTs and/or interest income received, 1099-DIVs for dividend income received, 1098s showing payments made for college or student loan or mortgage interest paid; property tax paid for the year, 1095-A if you purchased health insurance from the healthcare.gov marketplace; and any other income information you may have.
- Account information for direct deposit – routing and account numbers
- Last year’s tax return, if you have it
- Names, dates of birth, Social Security Numbers or ITINs, and relationships for anyone you plan to claim on your tax return.
- Childcare expense information – provider name and identifying number, address, and amounts paid
- College expenses – tuition, fees and possibly books
- Educator expenses – amounts paid out of pocket for teaching grades K-12
- Retirement / IRA contribution information
Need assistance? Call 1-800-315-1481 if you use this option.