Project Money is a no-cost financial coaching empowerment program open to residents of the greater Chicago region. The program, which spans three months, encourages its members to develop a positive and healthy relationship with their money. Members enjoy personalized sessions with a trained financial coach, financial education workshops, and a supportive community of like-minded individuals.
“Before I joined Project Money I ignored my debt, bills and even my personal goals because of the pressure and my lack of money management skills. Now I face them with great understanding confidence and optimism.”
- Jayson Lawrence, 2017 Project Money member
What to expect from financial coaching
- A goal-focused experience: Members seek to improve performance rather than achieving a specific outcome.
- Positive psychology: Our members are creative, resourceful and motivated to grow.
- Behavior change: Coaches focus on helping members change their habits around money, so the work you accomplish is sustainable over time.
Benefits of Project Money
- Set and achieve your financial goals
- Create a realistic spending plan
- Make a plan to pay down your debt
- Build a savings habit
- Get a free credit check and access to your FICO score
- Get access to safe and affordable products to help you achieve your goals
To be eligible, participants must
- Possess the motivation and discipline to improve their finances
- Be available for a required interview to become a member of the program
- Attend 6 one-to-one coaching sessions and peer group sessions
- Be employed, at least part-time
- Have an income below $35,000 for individuals or $60,000 for families
Project Money is full for the 2018 calendar year. Please leave us your contact information if you'd like to be notified when applications are open for the 2019 program.
By applying to Project Money, you are making a personal commitment to TAKE CONTROL of your finances and ACHIEVE your financial goals.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.