Get free tax help and money advice after tax season at a Money Action Day.
Money Action Days have ended for 2018. Visit us at a tax site during tax season!
Money Action Day Services Include
- Help filing tax returns for current year and prior years
- Help filing amended tax returns
- Consultations and screenings by legal professionals for any controversy with the IRS or Illinois Department of Revenue
- Free credit checks and guidance for building credit
- Access to prepaid debit cards and savings accounts
- Referrals to a personalized financial coach through Project Money, CEP’s financial coaching program
When and Where
Please check back in the Spring of 2019 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask be added to our quarterly e-newsletter for updates.
What to Bring
- All tax documents, including W-2s and 1099s for the year involved
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) for all family members
- Valid photo ID for the person filing and, if applicable, for the spouse
- Copy of previous year’s tax return, if available
- Information regarding health insurance coverage (Form 1095 A, 1095-B, 1095-C, Medicare card, or Certificate of Exemption)
- Account and routing numbers for your checking and savings accounts to direct deposit your refund
- Property tax bill
- Records of education-related expenses, including Form 1098-T
- Any letters from the IRS, if applicable
- Copy of your tax return or tax transcript if filing an amended return