Serving on our Associate Board is an excellent opportunity for young professionals who are looking to give back to their community. Associate Board members expand the fundraising and outreach capacity of the Center for Economic Progress by serving as ambassadors for the organization within their networks and collaborating with staff on fundraising and outreach projects.
Read the information below and view our list of current Associate Board members to learn more.
How do I join the Associate Board?
The CEP Associate Board accepts new members each July. While the application to join in July 2018 has closed, we will begin accepting applications again in 2019. If you are interested in applying at that time, please add your name to the Associate Board mailing list. We will keep you up to date on CEP events and volunteer opportunities throughout the year and notify you when the application opens next year. If you have any questions, please contact our Development Coordinator, Anna Connelly, at email@example.com.
What are the benefits of joining the Associate Board?
CEP envisions an America of shared prosperity, where all working families can access the financial opportunities they need to succeed. By joining the Associate Board, you will:
- Be a member of a volunteer-driven and action-based team that supports an organization doing important work in local communities
- Play an active role in building awareness of CEP's mission among colleagues and peers and encourage them to become engaged in their community and give back
- Have the opportunity to meet other young professionals and build your network
- Engage in resume-building through high-level volunteer opportunities that allow you to develop your leadership skills and open the door for you to potentially join CEP's Board of Directors in the future
Do I have to attend any meetings?
Yes. You must attend a minimum of four of the Board's six annual meetings.
What are the membership requirements?
We are searching for active and engaged Associate Board members. To maintain membership status, we ask that you:
- Commit to a two-year term
- Attend a minimum of four of the Board's six annual meetings
- Attend at least one Associate Board fundraiser
- Give-get cash or in-kind donation of $100
- Attend at least three Associate Board happy hours or other CEP events
As an Associate Board member, do I need to donate any money?
We ask for a give-get cash or in-kind contribution of $100. Members may make personal contributions, secure sponsorships, solicit donations, or secure in-kind donations to meet this requirement. Many members go beyond this contribution, but it is not required.
In addition to the required activities for membership status above, members complete three additional activities based on their skill set and interests. Examples of such activities include:
- Secure an event sponsorship for CEP
- Give-get an additional $100 cash or in-kind donation
- Sell 5 tickets to CEP fundraisers
- Plan a fundraising event
- Volunteer at a CEP fundraiser
- Recruit a new volunteer
- Volunteer 30 hours with CEP
- Volunteer an additional 10 hours with CEP
- Represent CEP at a public fair
- Plan an Associate Board social event
- Host an Associate Board meeting
- Visit a CEP tax site and collect a client story
- Attend a CEP Board of Directors meeting
- Recruit a new Associate Board member
- Serve in a leadership position on the Associate Board